Alabama Alcohol Seller-Servers
Alabama alcohol seller-server safety training helps to ensure that sellers and servers of alcohol understand stater and local liquor laws and regulations and serve alcohol drinks responsibly. An alcohol seller-server training course may also considerably lessen the risk and liability connected with alcohol service.
Why is Alcohol Seller-Server training necessary?
- Alcohol safety seller-server training or certification might be needed for employment to sell or serve alcohol in a state or for a business.
- Alcohol responsible beverage service (RBS) training is essential for positions like bartenders because most employers require proper knowledge and skills of alcohol service before employment.
- Establishments that sell and serve alcohol could require alcohol service training: bars, restaurants, hotels, taverns, dance clubs, banquet halls, liquor stores, supermarkets, supermarkets and gas stations.
The objectives of an Alcohol Seller-Server RBS training course are:
- Train and educate sellers and servers to take part in responsible alcohol service;
- Identify signs of intoxication and apply various intervention techniques;
- Prevent DUIs and alcohol-related fatalities;
- Stop underage sales and underage consuming;
- Create safer communities and establishments where alcohol is served;
- Educate proprietors, managers and staff on liability, state laws and regulations, and native ordinances regarding alcohol service.
Alcohol Seller-Server Training Info
The alcohol seller-server training course provides the student with the necessary knowledge of laws regarding alcohol service and proven techniques needed to be a responsible seller of alcohol and for providing a safe environment for customers. Specifically, you will learn:
- how to protect yourself and your establishment from liability;
- how alcohol affects your customers;
- how to recognize the effects of alcohol on your customers;
- how to prevent customers from becoming intoxicated;
- how to intervene when you need to refuse a sale to someone;
- how to prevent and deal with disturbances;
- how to accurately check IDs and recognize minors;
- how to prevent second-party sales; and
- how to refuse a sale.
Audience: Employees in establishments that sell and serve alcohol in bars, restaurants, hotels, taverns, night clubs, concessions, banquet halls: bartenders, bar backs, servers and managers.
Credit Hours: 3 hrs
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Lesson 2: How Alcohol Affects the Body
- Lesson 3: Recognizing Intoxicated Customers
- Lesson 4: Preventing Disturbances
- Lesson 5: Minors and Liability
- Lesson 6: Second-Party Sales
- Lesson 7: How to Refuse a Sale
- Lesson 8: State Laws
End of Course Test & Certificate
At the conclusion of the course, the learner will be tested on their knowledge of the learning objectives and content. Upon successfully passing the exam with a minimum of 70%, the learner will be able to download a course certificate.
Key Alcohol Seller-Server Terms: alcohol seller-server training, responsible vendor program, rvp, rbs training, alcohol safety course, alcohol seller-server certification, basset, rbs, asap, atap, tabc, on-premise, off-premise, dram shop, serve safety, safe harbor, wine service, bartender course, wine service training.
- Alabama Alcohol Beverage Control Board – Administrative Code – Chapter 20-C-12 – Responsible Vendor Certification (PDF)
The Alabama Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC) Board controls alcoholic beverages through distribution, licensing, and enforcement. The Board operates a chain of retail stores selling the majority of liquor purchased in Alabama. The Board operates in an efficient and cost-effective manner to ensure that Alabamians who choose to purchase beverages are able to do so at a fair price while generating considerable revenue for the State and local governing authorities.
Alabama Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) Board
2715 Gunter Park Drive
West Montgomery, AL 36109
Phone: (334) 271-3840
- Course Duration: 3 hrs
- 100% online – no classroom attendance!
- Take course anywhere and anytime!
- Download certificate upon completion
- 24×7 Support: (877) 881-2235 – Online
Alcohol Seller-Server RBS Training
* Not available at this time.
Save Big with Group Rates
Get huge discounts by enrolling and training all your employees. Enjoy tailored corporate solutions and training services – a free cloud-based LMS and even consulting services. Track progress, generate reports, and manage learners online. More Info
We offer online Alcohol Seller-Server Training in Alabama for: Birmingham, Montgomery, Mobile, Huntsville, Tuscaloosa, Hoover, Dothan, Auburn, Decatur, Madison, Florence, Gadsden, Phenix City, Prattville, Vestavia Hills, Alabaster, and many more!
Getting your Alabama Seller-Server Training couldn’t be easier!