Utah Alcohol Seller-Servers
Utah alcohol seller-server safety training helps to ensure that sellers and servers of alcohol understand stater and local liquor laws and regulations and serve alcohol drinks responsibly. An alcohol seller-server training course may also considerably lessen the risk and liability connected with alcohol service.
Why is Alcohol Seller-Server training necessary?
- Alcohol safety seller-server training or certification might be needed for employment to sell or serve alcohol in a state or for a business.
- Alcohol responsible beverage service (RBS) training is essential for positions like bartenders because most employers require proper knowledge and skills of alcohol service before employment.
- Establishments that sell and serve alcohol could require alcohol service training: bars, restaurants, hotels, taverns, dance clubs, banquet halls, liquor stores, supermarkets, supermarkets and gas stations.
The objectives of an Alcohol Seller-Server RBS training course are:
- Train and educate sellers and servers to take part in responsible alcohol service;
- Identify signs of intoxication and apply various intervention techniques;
- Prevent DUIs and alcohol-related fatalities;
- Stop underage sales and underage consuming;
- Create safer communities and establishments where alcohol is served;
- Educate proprietors, managers and staff on liability, state laws and regulations, and native ordinances regarding alcohol service.
Utah Alcohol Server Requirements
Utah law requires every person who serves alcohol in a restaurant, club, bar or tavern, to complete an alcohol training and education within 30 days of employment and re-certify every 3 years. Title 62A-15-401 of the Utah Code requires alcohol servers to complete an Alcohol Certification Course.
Approved and recognized by the Utah Department of Human Services.
Utah Approved Alcohol Server Education Program Provider: (Learn2serve)
Utah Eliminate Alcohol Sales To Youth (EASY) Alcohol Seller Training
Utah Eliminate Alcohol Sales to Youth (EASY) alcohol training is for anyone who sells beer, wine or spirits at a convenience store or grocery store. Learn how to recognize intoxication, how to check ID’s, minors and alcohol, Utah state specific seller laws and many other skills to help you keep your customers and your business safe.
Utah Alcohol Seller-Server Training Info
The alcohol seller-server training course provides the student with the necessary knowledge of laws regarding alcohol service and proven techniques needed to be a responsible seller of alcohol and for providing a safe environment for customers. Specifically, you will learn:
- how to protect yourself and your establishment from liability;
- how alcohol affects your customers;
- how to recognize the effects of alcohol on your customers;
- how to prevent customers from becoming intoxicated;
- how to intervene when you need to refuse a sale to someone;
- how to prevent and deal with disturbances;
- how to accurately check IDs and recognize minors;
- how to prevent second-party sales; and
- how to refuse a sale.
Audience: Employees in establishments that sell and serve alcohol in bars, restaurants, hotels, taverns, night clubs, concessions, banquet halls: bartenders, bar backs, servers and managers.
Credit Hours: 3 hrs
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Lesson 2: How Alcohol Affects the Body
- Lesson 3: Recognizing Intoxicated Customers
- Lesson 4: Preventing Disturbances
- Lesson 5: Minors and Liability
- Lesson 6: Second-Party Sales
- Lesson 7: How to Refuse a Sale
- Lesson 8: State Laws
End of Course Test & Certificate
At the conclusion of the course, the learner will be tested on their knowledge of the learning objectives and content. Upon successfully passing the exam with a minimum of 70%, the learner will be able to download a course certificate.
Key Alcohol Seller-Server Terms: alcohol seller-server training, responsible vendor program, rvp, rbs training, alcohol safety course, alcohol seller-server certification, basset, rbs, asap, atap, tabc, on-premise, off-premise, dram shop, serve safety, safe harbor, wine service, bartender course, wine service training.
The Utah Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control is responsible for the control over the importation, distribution, sale, and consumption of alcoholic beverages, which applies to all retailers, suppliers, and wholesalers who are licensed to manufacture, sell, serve, transport, or store liquor in the State of Utah.
Utah Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control
1625 South 900 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84130
Phone (801) 977-6800
- Approved and recognized by the Utah Department of Human Services
- Course Duration: 3 hrs
- 100% online – no classroom attendance!
- Take course anywhere and anytime!
- Download certificate upon completion
- 24×7 Support: (877) 881-2235 – Online
Utah EASY On/Off Premise
Alcohol Seller-Server RBS Training
Save Big with Group Rates
Get huge discounts by enrolling and training all your employees. Enjoy tailored corporate solutions and training services – a free cloud-based LMS and even consulting services. Track progress, generate reports, and manage learners online. More Info
We offer online Alcohol Seller-Server Training in Utah for: Salt Lake City, West Valley City, Provo, West Jordan, Orem, Sandy, Ogden, St. George, Layton, Millcreek, Taylorsville, South Jordan, Lehi, Logan, Murray, Draper, and many more!
Getting your Utah Alcohol Seller-Server Training couldn’t be easier!