All food service employees, not just cooks, should be trained on the proper food safety principles and procedures because the repercussions of a foodborne illness to a food service operation can be disastrous and include:
- Lawsuits including attorney and court fees in payment to the plaintiff
- Closure of the operation by the regulatory authority and/or business losses
- Loss of customers, sales, vendors
- Loss of reputation and good will
- Loss of employees
- Employee morale decrease or absenteeism
- Increase of insurance premiums
- Retraining of employees
- Embarrassment (exposure by the media, internet)
Furthermore, food safety training does not only affect the sales and continued patronage of an establishment, but also public safety. Moreover, about 72% of businesses indicate they would be more likely to hire food safety trained handlers and 50% willing to pay higher wages to those trained.
- Learn about cross contamination, cold and hot food safety, best practices for personal hygiene, and foodborne illnesses.
- Food Manager ANSI Certification: SALE $99.00 - Valid in all States
- Food Handler ANSI Training for only $7.00!
- 10% OFF SALE: Enter Promo "TRAIN10OFF" at Checkout