Louisiana Alcohol Seller-Servers
Louisiana Responsible Vendor alcohol seller-server safety training helps to ensure that sellers and servers of alcohol understand state and local liquor laws and regulations and serve alcohol drinks responsibly. An alcohol seller-server training course may also considerably lessen the risk and liability connected with alcohol service.
This responsible vendor training is specifically approved for Louisiana. Get your LA Bar Card by completing the training and passing the exam.
Louisiana Responsible Vendor Server Requirements
According to Louisiana law “any employee of a vendor who is authorized to sell or serve alcoholic beverages or tobacco products in the normal course of his or her employment or deals with customers who purchase or consume alcoholic beverages or tobacco products” must attend an RV Class and obtain an RV Server Permit within 45 days of their hire date.
Source: Louisiana Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control – Responsible Vendor Program
Approved Louisiana Responsible Vendor Online Course Provider – 360training (Learn2Serve)
Why is Alcohol Seller-Server training necessary?
- Alcohol safety seller-server training or certification might be needed for employment to sell or serve alcohol in a state or for a business.
- Alcohol responsible beverage service (RBS) training is essential for positions like bartenders because most employers require proper knowledge and skills of alcohol service before employment.
- Establishments that sell and serve alcohol could require alcohol service training: bars, restaurants, hotels, taverns, dance clubs, banquet halls, liquor stores, supermarkets, supermarkets and gas stations.
The objectives of an Alcohol Seller-Server RBS training course are:
- Train and educate sellers and servers to take part in responsible alcohol service;
- Identify signs of intoxication and apply various intervention techniques;
- Prevent DUIs and alcohol-related fatalities;
- Stop underage sales and underage consuming;
- Create safer communities and establishments where alcohol is served;
- Educate proprietors, managers and staff on liability, state laws and regulations, and native ordinances regarding alcohol service.
What is a Louisiana Bar Card? How Do You Get It?
Before you can serve or sell alcohol in the state of Louisiana, all employees and vendors are required to complete the Responsible Vendor class and acquire the RV Server Permit, also known as LA Bar Card.
How Do You Get Louisiana Bar Card?
The Louisiana Responsible Vendor Training course is available online, anytime and includes the RV Server Permit exam that you need to pass so you can acquire your LA ATC-approved Bar Card. How to obtain a Louisiana Bar Card:
1. Enroll in a LA-ATC approve online Responsible Vendor Training Course
2. Complete the online course
3. Pass the RV Server Permit Exam
4. Acquire LA-ATC approved Bar Card
Alcohol Seller-Server Training Info
The alcohol seller-server training course provides the student with the necessary knowledge of laws regarding alcohol service and proven techniques needed to be a responsible seller of alcohol and for providing a safe environment for customers. Specifically, you will learn:
- how to protect yourself and your establishment from liability;
- how alcohol affects your customers;
- how to recognize the effects of alcohol on your customers;
- how to prevent customers from becoming intoxicated;
- how to intervene when you need to refuse a sale to someone;
- how to prevent and deal with disturbances;
- how to accurately check IDs and recognize minors;
- how to prevent second-party sales; and
- how to refuse a sale.
Audience: Employees in establishments that sell and serve alcohol in bars, restaurants, hotels, taverns, night clubs, concessions, banquet halls: bartenders, bar backs, servers and managers.
Credit Hours: 3 hrs
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Lesson 2: How Alcohol Affects the Body
- Lesson 3: Recognizing Intoxicated Customers
- Lesson 4: Preventing Disturbances
- Lesson 5: Minors and Liability
- Lesson 6: Second-Party Sales
- Lesson 7: How to Refuse a Sale
- Lesson 8: State Laws
End of Course Test & Certificate
At the conclusion of the course, the learner will be tested on their knowledge of the learning objectives and content. Upon successfully passing the exam with a minimum of 70%, the learner will be able to download a course certificate.
Key Alcohol Seller-Server Terms: alcohol seller-server training, responsible vendor program, rvp, rbs training, alcohol safety course, alcohol seller-server certification, basset, rbs, asap, atap, tabc, on-premise, off-premise, dram shop, serve safety, safe harbor, wine service, bartender course, wine service training.
The Louisiana Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control – Responsible Vendor Program (RVP) is responsible for the control over the importation, distribution, sale, and consumption of alcoholic beverages, which applies to all retailers, suppliers, and wholesalers who are licensed to manufacture, sell, serve, transport, or store liquor in the State of Louisiana.
Louisiana Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control
Louisiana Responsible Vendor Program
8585 Archives Avenue, Suite 220
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
Phone: (225) 925-4041
- Course Duration: 3 hrs
- 100% online – no classroom attendance!
- Take course anywhere and anytime!
- Download certificate upon completion
- 24×7 Support: (877) 881-2235 – Online
Louisiana Responsible Vendor
Alcohol Seller-Server Training
Package: Louisiana Responsible Vendor
Alcohol Seller-Server Training &
Food Handler ANSI Training
Save Big with Group Rates
Get huge discounts by enrolling and training all your employees. Enjoy tailored corporate solutions and training services – a free cloud-based LMS and even consulting services. Track progress, generate reports, and manage learners online. More Info
We offer online Responsible Vendor Alcohol Safety Training in Louisiana for: New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Shreveport, Metairie, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Kenner, Bossier City, Monroe, Alexandria, Houma, Marrero, New Iberia, Laplace, Prairieville, Central, and many more!
Getting your Louisiana Responsible Vendor Alcohol Seller-Server Training couldn’t be easier!