Maryland Certified Food Managers
Maryland requires each retail food operation to employ a person-in-charge, owner, or manager who ix a Certified Food Manager (CFM) that has successfully passed an examination from an accredited certification provider.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides a foundational knowledge of the FDA Food Code and covers foodborne hazards and pathogens, cross contamination, proper preparation and temperature controls, proper hygiene, proper cleaning and sanitation methods, regulations, and the proper techniques to maintain a food-safe environment. The training course prepares the learner for the certification exam.
- The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is an accredited exam that assesses and certifies the knowledge and skills of a food manager. The certification is valid for up to 5 years, depending on your local health authority.
Maryland Certified Food Manager & State Info
Food Manager Training Course
The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides a foundational knowledge of the FDA Food Code and covers foodborne hazards and pathogens, cross contamination, proper preparation and temperature controls, proper hygiene, proper cleaning and sanitation methods, regulations, and the proper techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
Audience: Experienced professionals in the food service industry, such as owner, manager, person-in-charge (PIC), chef, cook, or any employee.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contaminants
- Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
- Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
- Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 8: Pest Control
- Lesson 9: Facility Design
- Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
- Lesson 11: FDA Guidelines for Developing a HACCP System
- Lesson 12: Developing, Implementing, and Maintaining a HACCP Plan
- Lesson 13: Seafood HACCP
- Lesson 14: Consumer Steps to Safer Seafood
ANSI Certification Exam
To be certified as a food manager, the individual must pass an accredited food safety examination - administered by a certification provider.
The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). With the exception of Connecticut, this accredited exam is accepted in all states/jurisdictions that have mandatory certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. Reference: ANSI (American National Standards Institute)
Help with Exam
We have partnered with PSI - a global testing, certification, and licensing provider. The exam is proctored at a PSI test center location.
After purchasing the exam, you should receive an email from PSI instructing you how to schedule your exam. If you do not receive this email, please contact support at 877.881.2235.
You can also click here to schedule exam online at a testing center near you.
Upon successful completion of the exam with a passing score, you may download and print a proof of completion document. The official certificate will be mailed within 15 business days of completing the exam.
Maryland Food Regulations – Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) – Title 10: Department of Health and Mental Hygiene – Subtitle 15: Food (COMAR 10.15)
Food Truck and Food Vendor
- Maryland Mobile Food Vending Association (MMFVA)
- Montgomery County – Mobile Food Service Unit
- City of Baltimore – Food Facilities
- City of Baltimore – Requirements for Strete Vendors (PDF)
- Prince George County – Department of Parks – Becoming a Food Vendor
- Howard County – Mobile Food Service Requirements
- Carroll County – Mobile Food Service Facility
- City of Gathersburg – Mobile Food Vendor (PDF)
- Harford County – Food Service Facilities
- Calvert County – Mobile Food Vendors
- Anne Arundel County – Mobile Vendors (PDF)
Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DHMH)
Food Protection, Licensing, and Inspection
201 West Preston Street, 3rd Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Phone: (410) 767-6500
Maryland Food Safety Local Requirements
County of Baltimore has Certified Food Service Manager requirements.
Baltimore Environmental Health Services (EHS) requires the operators of each medium and high priority food service facility to have a certified food manager on site during all hours of operation.
- Certified Food Service Manager – Level I is required for medium and high priority facilities. These facilities can operate one or more days per week. If a non-profit facility operates four or more days per week, a Certified Food Service Manager – Level I is required.
Download the Certified Food Service Manager – Level I Application (PDF).
- Certified Food Service Manager – Level II is required for a volunteer fire company or bona fide non-profit fraternal, civic, veteran, religious, or charitable organization that operates a high or medium priority food service facility three days or less per week.
Download the Certified Food Service Manager Level II Training registration (PDF).
Sources: Baltimore Environmental Health Services (EHS)
Course & Exam Summary
- Course Duration: 8 Hours
- Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Take course anywhere and anytime!
- Download course certificate upon completion
- Exam Nationally Accepted & Accredited
- Schedule Exam at PSI Test Center
- Available en Español
- 24×7 Support: (877) 881-2235 – Online
Code at Checkout: "train10off"
Maryland Food Safety Manager Course
Curso de Principios de Administración de Seguridad de Alimentos
Maryland Food Manager ANSI Certification Exam
Maryland Food Manager Course & ANSI Certification Exam
Special Package Price: $99.00
Save Big with Group Rates
Get huge discounts by enrolling and training all your employees. Enjoy tailored corporate solutions and training services – a free cloud-based LMS and even consulting services. Track progress, generate reports, and manage learners online. More Info
We offer online Food Safety Training in Maryland for: Baltimore, Columbia, Germantown, Silver Spring, Waldorf, Ellicott City, Glen Burnie, Frederick, Gaithersburg, Rockville, Dundalk, Bethesda, Towson, Bowie, Aspen Hill, Wheaton, and many more!
Getting your Maryland Food Manager Certification couldn’t be easier!