Oklahoma Certified Food Managers
Oklahoma requires each retail food operation to employ a person-in-charge, owner, or manager who ix a Certified Food Manager (CFM) that has successfully passed an examination from an accredited certification provider.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides a foundational knowledge of the FDA Food Code and covers foodborne hazards and pathogens, cross contamination, proper preparation and temperature controls, proper hygiene, proper cleaning and sanitation methods, regulations, and the proper techniques to maintain a food-safe environment. The training course prepares the learner for the certification exam.
- The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is an accredited exam that assesses and certifies the knowledge and skills of a food manager. The certification is valid for up to 5 years, depending on your local health authority.
Oklahoma Certified Food Manager & State Info
Food Manager Training Course
The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides a foundational knowledge of the FDA Food Code and covers foodborne hazards and pathogens, cross contamination, proper preparation and temperature controls, proper hygiene, proper cleaning and sanitation methods, regulations, and the proper techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
Audience: Experienced professionals in the food service industry, such as owner, manager, person-in-charge (PIC), chef, cook, or any employee.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contaminants
- Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
- Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
- Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 8: Pest Control
- Lesson 9: Facility Design
- Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
- Lesson 11: FDA Guidelines for Developing a HACCP System
- Lesson 12: Developing, Implementing, and Maintaining a HACCP Plan
- Lesson 13: Seafood HACCP
- Lesson 14: Consumer Steps to Safer Seafood
ANSI Certification Exam
To be certified as a food manager, the individual must pass an accredited food safety examination - administered by a certification provider.
The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). With the exception of Connecticut, this accredited exam is accepted in all states/jurisdictions that have mandatory certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. Reference: ANSI (American National Standards Institute)
Help with Exam
We have partnered with PSI - a global testing, certification, and licensing provider. The exam is proctored at a PSI test center location.
After purchasing the exam, you should receive an email from PSI instructing you how to schedule your exam. If you do not receive this email, please contact support at 877.881.2235.
You can also click here to schedule exam online at a testing center near you.
Upon successful completion of the exam with a passing score, you may download and print a proof of completion document. The official certificate will be mailed within 15 business days of completing the exam.
- Oklahoma Department of health – Consumer Health Services – Foods
- Oklahoma Administrative Code – Title 310. Oklahoma Department of Health – Chapter 257. Food Service Establishments (PDF)
Food Truck and Food Vendor
- Oklahoma City County – Mobile Food Units
- City of Tulsa – Mobile Food Vending
- City of Oklahoma City – Special Events Guide (PDF)
- Tulsa Food Trucks – Facebook
- City of Owasso – Mobile Food Vendors (PDF)
- City of Lawton – Mobile Food Vendors
- Town of Arcadia – Mobile Food Vendors (PDF)
- Oklahoma City – Delmar Gardens Food Truck Park
- City of Norman – Temporary Mobile Food Vendors
Oklahoma State Department of Health
Consumer Health Services – Foods
1000 N.E. 10th Street
Phone: (405) 271-5243
Tulsa County and Oklahoma City have Food Manager Certification requirements.
Altus, Lawton, Moore, Norman, Tulsa, and other municipalities have Food Handler requirements.
As of November 1, 2007, House Bill 1804 went into effect stating that anyone attending a food handler class or applying for a manager’s certificate from the Tulsa Health Department must sign a statement that they are either (1) a United States citizen, or (2) a qualified alien under the federal Immigration & Nationality Act and are lawfully present in the United States.
Food Managers: To receive a Manager’s Certification, you must successfully complete a training program. After completing a training program, you must register your manager certificate with the Tulsa Health Department (THD).
Food Handlers: All area food service employees must have an original, valid food handler permit from the THD in their possession while at work. To receive a permit, you must successfully complete a THD Food Handler Class or other approved training. Food Handler Permits are non-transferable. The fee for the permit is $10.00, cash only. Upon passing the test, you will receive a photo-identification Food Handler Permit. Food Handler Permits must be available at all times while the employee is working. The Health Department inspector will not accept a photocopy. Additional duplicate permits are available for a fee of $5.00.
Food Service Operator Certification is required in the municipalities of Oklahoma City, Edmond, Midwest City, Warr Acres, Spencer, The Village, Nichols Hills, Harrah and Del City. This Certification is a manager’s level certification. Each food service establishment is required to have at least one certified Food Service Operator.
Food Handler Training of all employees is not required in Oklahoma County or the municipalities contained within Oklahoma County. Currently only Food Manager Training is required. If your facility or organization is interested in basic Food Handler Training, we can conduct a basic training for your group. We do not issue food handler cards, but can issue a certificate of attendance if it is needed to document training for your organization.
City of Lawton Food Handler Classes – call for information (581-3365)
Section 8-604 Food Handler’s Permits
A. It is unlawful for any person who operates a food service establishment or any place selling open and prepared foods in the city to hire, or permit to be hired, or permit to work gratis, any person who does not possess a current and unrevoked permit approved by the health officer.
B. It is unlawful for any person to work in any food service establishment or any place selling open and prepared foods in the city who does not have in his or her possession a current and unrevoked permit approved by the county.
Moore Health Department
424 S Eastern (northeast corner of 4th & Eastern)
Moore, OK 73160
A food handler’s permit is required and is valid for two years. A permit is required of anyone working in a commercial food establishment. For more information, call 405-292-9770.
Sec.13-807. Food handling: Work permits required
No person shall work, or permit any other person to work in a bakery, cafe, meat market, restaurant, or other place where food is handled or served, whether for compensation or not, unless that person possesses a current and unrevoked permit from the health officer. (Ord. No 0-7475-8)
Cleveland County Health Department
250 12th AVE NE
Norman, OK 7301
Course & Exam Summary
- Course Duration: 8 Hours
- Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Take course anywhere and anytime!
- Download course certificate upon completion
- Exam Nationally Accepted & Accredited
- Schedule Exam at PSI Test Center
- Available en Español
- 24×7 Support: (877) 881-2235 – Online
Oklahoma Food Safety Manager Course
Curso de Principios de Administración de Seguridad de Alimentos
Oklahoma Food Manager ANSI Certification Exam
Oklahoma Food Manager Course & ANSI Certification Exam
Special Package Price: $99.00
Save Big with Group Rates
Get huge discounts by enrolling and training all your employees. Enjoy tailored corporate solutions and training services – a free cloud-based LMS and even consulting services. Track progress, generate reports, and manage learners online. More Info
We offer online Food Safety Training in Oklahoma for: Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Norman, Broken Arrow, Lawton, Edmond, Moore, Midwest City, Enid, Stillwater, Muskogee, Bartlesville, Owasso, Shawnee, Ponca City, Ardmore, Boise City, and many more!
Getting your Oklahoma Food Manager Certification couldn’t be easier!