Course Introduction & Description – Sale: $14.95
Our Illinois Alcohol Safety Course provides you with all the necessary knowledge and techniques you need to be a responsible server of alcohol. Specifically, you will learn:
- how to protect yourself and your establishment from liability;
- how alcohol affects your customers; how to recognize the effects of alcohol on your customers;
- how to prevent customers from becoming intoxicated;
- how to intervene when you need to cut someone off;
- how to prevent and deal with disturbances, and;
- how to accurately check IDs and recognize minors.
This program is approved by the Illinois Liquor Control Commission: BASSET License No. 03-5A-0054285.
Illinois BASSET Certification
BASSET is Beverage Alcohol Sellers & Servers Education & Training. BASSET is a mandatory training course that must be attended by anyone who sells and/or serves alcohol in a Vernon Hills liquor establishment, such as waitresses, waiters, bartenders, and over-the-counter clerks. The management of these establishments must also receive BASSET certification.
The state-wide BASSET program is overseen by the Illinois Liquor Control Commission. Basically, BASSET is an education and training tool for servers and sellers of alcohol. Topics of discussion during class include the effects of alcohol, the blood alcohol content (BAC) system, DUI, responsible serving of alcohol, checking of IDs, alcoholism, village ordinances and refusing or discontinuing liquor service.
The BASSET program covers five topic areas in great detail: The physical properties of alcohol, intervention and prevention techniques, how to properly check identification cards and drivers licenses, and lastly, state, local laws regarding alcohol service, and Dram Shop liability.
Who Should Be Certified?
Anyone who serves alcohol in the State of Illinois should take this training and receive their certification (license). BASSET training is not mandatory in the State of Illinois, however some municipalities in the State of Illinois do require BASSET training.
See rules regarding the Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training (BASSET) Programs from the Illinois Liquor Control Commission: http://www.state.il.us/lcc/basset/rules_regs.asp
Illinois Convenience Store Manager Essentials (Courses Included)
- Illinois Class A-B UST Operator Certification
- Learn2Serve Illinois Food Service Sanitation Manager Training Course
- Illinois BASSET On-Premises Alcohol Seller-Server
Illinois regulations are governed by the State of Illinois Liquor Control Commission.
State of Illinois Liquor Control Commission
100 W. Randolph Ste. 5-300
Chicago, IL 60601
Phone: (312) 814-2206
101 West Jefferson Suite 3-525
Springfield, Illinois 62702
For More Info:
Illinois Alcohol Seller Server On-Off Premise Training Course Learning Objectives
- Understand alcohol use
- Define alcohol’s effects
- Recognize the server’s role in the enhancement of public safety
- Know the server’s responsibilities and obligations under the law
- Learn what BAC means and how it is calculated
- The effect of mixing alcohol with other drugs
- Be able to recognize intoxicated individuals
- Prevent patrons from reaching the point of intoxication by using intervention strategies
- Be able to refuse service to someone and with little conflict
- Recognize alcohol poisoning when it occurs
- Prevent disturbances in the establishment and handle difficult situations
- Check ID’s accurately, and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake I.D.
Order your FREE licensee information materials – http://www.state.il.us/lcc/IEmaterials.asp
The Illinois Liquor Control Commission ( ILCC) offers a variety of FREE licensee materials to ensure you comply with the law. Click here to order the FREE printed licensee packet (or click on the below links to view/download PDF files of each individual piece):
- Illinois Liquor Control Act (information as of August 2012 in print version of Act);
- ILCC/BASSET Rules & Regs;
- Happy Hour Law flyer;
- Just the Facts flyer;
- Alcohol “Proof of Age” sign;
- Overview of the ILCC;
- “Pregnancy Warning” sign;
- Past ILCC News newsletters;
- “ID Checking Guide” order form
What will my employees gain from Seller-Server Training?
The Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training (BASSET) program is the state of Illinois’ seller/server training program. The program is an educational and training tool to sellers/servers of alcoholic beverages to serve responsibly and stay within the law. The BASSET Program serves as a preventive measure to discourage over consumption and keep drunk drivers off the roads. The goals and objectives of the BASSET program are:
- Train and educated sellers and servers to engage in responsible alcohol service;
- Prevent DUIs and alcohol-related fatalities;
- Stop underage sales and underage drinking;
- Create safer communities and establishments where alcohol is served;
- Educate owners, managers and staff on state and local laws regarding alcohol service.
Citations from the Illinois Liquor Control Act of 1934, Illinois Vehicle Code and Illinois Constitution
ILLINOIS LIQUOR CONTROL COMMISSION
The Illinois Liquor Control Commission (ILCC) is the regulating agency for the Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training (BASSET) program. A major part of the BASSET program is to make sellers/servers of alcoholic beverages aware of the laws in the State of Illinois pertaining to sales and service of alcoholic beverages, DUI and Dram Shop laws, victims=rights, and how to properly check ID’s. BASSET training is not mandatory in the State of Illinois, but the ILCC does encourage voluntary participation to promote responsible alcohol service and prevent alcohol-related fatalities.
|235 ILCS 5/6-16 (a)(i)||No one may sell or serve alcohol to any person under the age of 21.|
|235 ILCS 5/6-16 (a)(iii)||No one may purchase or provide alcohol to anyone under the age of 21.|
|235 ILCS 5/6-16 (a) (iii) (a)||Violation of the above provisions is a Class A misdemeanor and the sentence shall include, but shall not be limited to a fine of not less than $500.|
|235 ILCS 5/6-16 (a) (i) (a)||Possession of alcohol in either an opened or closed container by anyone under the age of 21 on any street, highway or public place, can result in a Class B misdemeanor.|
|235 ILCS 5/6-16 (iii) (a-1) (c)||Any person can be found guilty of a Class A misdemeanor if he or she allows or knowingly permits a gathering at a residence which he or she occupies of two or more persons where any one or more of the guests is under 21 years of age, the following factors apply:
|235 ILCS 5/6-16 (iii)(a-1)(d)||Any person who rents a hotel or motel room while alcoholic beverages are being consumed by anyone under 21 years of age can be found guilty of a Class A misdemeanor and sentenced up to one year in jail and a $2500 fine. The penalty also applies to the hotel or motel.|
|235 ILCS 5/6-20||Any consumption, possession, purchase or acceptance of any alcoholic beverage as a gift by any person under the age of 21 is forbidden, except during a religious ceremony or under parental supervision in the privacy of a home. Anyone who violates this section shall be guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.|
- State Approved: This BASSET Certified course is approved by the Illinois Liquor Control Commission: BASSET License No. 03-5A-0054285.
- Duration: 3 Hours
- 24×7 Support: (877) 881-2235 – www.360trainingsupport.com
- Printable certificate available once you complete and pass the final exam.
- Valid for 2 years.
- Illinois BASSET Alcohol Seller/Server Certification Training Course (IL) – Sale: $14.95
Other State Courses
- Illinois Convenience Store Manager Essentials – $145.00
- Improving Your Tips, Tips on Getting Larger Tips!
- CraftBeer.com: Beer 101
- Introduction to Wine
- Illinois BASSET Certification + Food Handler Training Certificate Program – Sale $24.95