Illinois Certified Food Managers
Illinois requires each retail food operation to employ a person-in-charge, owner, or manager who ix a Certified Food Manager (CFM) that has successfully passed an examination from an accredited certification provider.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides a foundational knowledge of the FDA Food Code and covers foodborne hazards and pathogens, cross contamination, proper preparation and temperature controls, proper hygiene, proper cleaning and sanitation methods, regulations, and the proper techniques to maintain a food-safe environment. The training course prepares the learner for the certification exam.
- The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is an accredited exam that assesses and certifies the knowledge and skills of a food manager. The certification is valid for up to 5 years, depending on your local health authority.
Illinois Certified Food Manager & State Info
Food Manager Training Course
The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides a foundational knowledge of the FDA Food Code and covers foodborne hazards and pathogens, cross contamination, proper preparation and temperature controls, proper hygiene, proper cleaning and sanitation methods, regulations, and the proper techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
Audience: Experienced professionals in the food service industry, such as owner, manager, person-in-charge (PIC), chef, cook, or any employee.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contaminants
- Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
- Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
- Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 8: Pest Control
- Lesson 9: Facility Design
- Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
- Lesson 11: FDA Guidelines for Developing a HACCP System
- Lesson 12: Developing, Implementing, and Maintaining a HACCP Plan
- Lesson 13: Seafood HACCP
- Lesson 14: Consumer Steps to Safer Seafood
ANSI Certification Exam
To be certified as a food manager, the individual must pass an accredited food safety examination - administered by a certification provider.
The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). With the exception of Connecticut, this accredited exam is accepted in all states/jurisdictions that have mandatory certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. Reference: ANSI (American National Standards Institute)
Help with Exam
We have partnered with PSI - a global testing, certification, and licensing provider. The exam is proctored at a PSI test center location.
After purchasing the exam, you should receive an email from PSI instructing you how to schedule your exam. If you do not receive this email, please contact support at 877.881.2235.
You can also click here to schedule exam online at a testing center near you.
Upon successful completion of the exam with a passing score, you may download and print a proof of completion document. The official certificate will be mailed within 15 business days of completing the exam.
- llinois Administrative Code Title 77: Public Health-Part 750. Food Service Sanitation Code
- Illinois Food Handling Regulation Enforcement Act (410 ILCS 625), amended by SB1495
Food Truck and Food Vendor
- Illinois Food Service Sanitation Code
- Illinois Food Truck Association
- Illinois State Fair – Food Vendors
- City of Chicago – Mobile Food Vendor
- Chicago Decoded – Application and Category – Mobile Food Vendors
- Chicago Food Truck Fest
- Chicago Food Trucks – Roaming Hunger
- Chicago Food Trucks – Food Truck Corner
- Champaign-Urbana Public Health District Food Safety Programs
- City of Urbana – Food Trucks & Mobile Food Vendors
- City of Elmhurst – Mobile Food Vendor
- City of Evanston – Mobile Food Vendor
- Kane County – Mobile Food Vendors
- Dupage County – Mobile Food Vending
- Village of Northbrook – Mobile Food Vendor
- City of Naperville – Downtown Mobile Food Vending
- City of Buffalo Grove – Food Vending Vehicle
- City of Peoria – Mobile Food Vehicle Rules
Illinois Food Safety Local Requirements
Food Service Sanitation Certificate – City of Chicago
A Certified Food Service Sanitation Manager is to be on duty at all times when potentially hazardous food is prepared or served. This person is responsible for overseeing the food handling and preparation process to prevent the occurrence of food-borne illness.
The Food Service Sanitation Manager Certification program is administered by the Department of Public Health and other approved training providers. This program is designed to offer food handlers and supervisors a basic food science background and develop knowledge for the proper handling of food and the unsanitary maintenance of food establishments.
The Food Service Sanitation Manager Certificate must be posted prominently and should be in plain view of customers. For more information contact the Food Protection Division at: Phone: (312) 746.8030
Course & Exam Summary
- Course Duration: 8 Hours
- Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Take course anywhere and anytime!
- Download course certificate upon completion
- Exam Nationally Accepted & Accredited
- Schedule Exam at PSI Test Center
- Available en Español
- 24×7 Support: (877) 881-2235 – Online
Illinois Food Safety Manager Course
Curso de Principios de Administración de Seguridad de Alimentos
Illinois Food Manager ANSI Certification Exam
Illinois Food Manager Course & ANSI Certification Exam
Special Package Price: $99.00
Illinois BASSET & Food Service Sanitation Manager Certification
Special Package Price: $113.00
Save Big with Group Rates
Get huge discounts by enrolling and training all your employees. Enjoy tailored corporate solutions and training services – a free cloud-based LMS and even consulting services. Track progress, generate reports, and manage learners online. More Info
We offer online Food Safety Training in Illinois for: Chicago, Aurora, Rockford, Joliet, Naperville, Springfield, Peoria, Elgin, Waukegan, Cicero, Champaign, Champaign-Urbana, Bloomington, Arlington Heights, Evanston, Decatur, Schaumburg, and many more!
Getting your Illinois Food Manager Certification couldn’t be easier!