Kentucky Certified Food Managers
Kentucky requires each retail food operation to employ a person-in-charge, owner, or manager who ix a Certified Food Manager (CFM) that has successfully passed an examination from an accredited certification provider.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides a foundational knowledge of the FDA Food Code and covers foodborne hazards and pathogens, cross contamination, proper preparation and temperature controls, proper hygiene, proper cleaning and sanitation methods, regulations, and the proper techniques to maintain a food-safe environment. The training course prepares the learner for the certification exam.
- The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is an accredited exam that assesses and certifies the knowledge and skills of a food manager. The certification is valid for up to 5 years, depending on your local health authority.
Kentucky Certified Food Manager & State Info
Food Manager Training Course
The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides a foundational knowledge of the FDA Food Code and covers foodborne hazards and pathogens, cross contamination, proper preparation and temperature controls, proper hygiene, proper cleaning and sanitation methods, regulations, and the proper techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
Audience: Experienced professionals in the food service industry, such as owner, manager, person-in-charge (PIC), chef, cook, or any employee.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contaminants
- Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
- Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
- Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 8: Pest Control
- Lesson 9: Facility Design
- Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
- Lesson 11: FDA Guidelines for Developing a HACCP System
- Lesson 12: Developing, Implementing, and Maintaining a HACCP Plan
- Lesson 13: Seafood HACCP
- Lesson 14: Consumer Steps to Safer Seafood
ANSI Certification Exam
To be certified as a food manager, the individual must pass an accredited food safety examination - administered by a certification provider.
The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). With the exception of Connecticut, this accredited exam is accepted in all states/jurisdictions that have mandatory certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. Reference: ANSI (American National Standards Institute)
Help with Exam
We have partnered with PSI - a global testing, certification, and licensing provider. The exam is proctored at a PSI test center location.
After purchasing the exam, you should receive an email from PSI instructing you how to schedule your exam. If you do not receive this email, please contact support at 877.881.2235.
You can also click here to schedule exam online at a testing center near you.
Upon successful completion of the exam with a passing score, you may download and print a proof of completion document. The official certificate will be mailed within 15 business days of completing the exam.
Kentucky Administrative Rules – 902 KAR 45:005. Kentucky Food Code
Food Truck and Food Vendor
- Temporary Food Service Set-up Guidelines (DOC)
- Lexington Fayette County – Temporary/Mobile Food Vendors
- City of Louisville – Mobile Food Unit Vendor
- City of Louisville – Street Vendor Info
- City of Evanston – Mobile Food Vendor
- City of Bardstown – Mobile Food Vendor (PDF)
- Northern Kentucky – Independent Health Department
- Louisville Food Truck Association
- Lexington Food Trucks
- Eat Kentucky – Mobile Food Vendors
- Louisville, Kentucky Mobile Food Unit Vendor Resources
- Louisville Small Business Development Center (SBDC) – Operating a Food Truck Business in Louisville, Kentucky (PDF)
- Northern Kentucky Health Department – Retail Food
- Kentucky Food Safety Branch
- Paducah, Kentucky City Commission Food Truck Rules
Kentucky Food Safety Branch
Food Safety Program
Health Services Building
275 East Main Street
Frankfort, KY 40621
Phone: (502) 564-7181
Course & Exam Summary
- Course Duration: 8 Hours
- Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Take course anywhere and anytime!
- Download course certificate upon completion
- Exam Nationally Accepted & Accredited
- Schedule Exam at PSI Test Center
- Available en Español
- 24×7 Support: (877) 881-2235 – Online
Code at Checkout: "train10off"
Kentucky Food Safety Manager Course
Curso de Principios de Administración de Seguridad de Alimentos
Kentucky Food Manager ANSI Certification Exam
Kentucky Food Manager Course & ANSI Certification Exam
Special Package Price: $99.00
Save Big with Group Rates
Get huge discounts by enrolling and training all your employees. Enjoy tailored corporate solutions and training services – a free cloud-based LMS and even consulting services. Track progress, generate reports, and manage learners online. More Info
We offer online Food Safety Training in Kentucky for: Louisville, Lexington-Fayette, Bowling Green, Owensboro, Covington, Richmond, Hopkinsville, Florence, Georgetown, Elizabethtown, Henderson, Nicholasville, Frankfort, Jeffersontown, Independence, Paducah, and many more!
Getting your Kentucky Food Manager Certification couldn’t be easier!